Nacel’s homestay immersion in Spain is an exciting way for international teenagers to experience life with a Spanish family for up to two months during the summer. Host families come from varied social and economical backgrounds and live in a variety of locations (in a big town, in a small city, in a village or on a farm…). Wherever the student’s host family lives, there are wonderful things to discover and absorb.
Students can be placed anywhere in Spain and must accept the placement that is offered. It is very important for us to match the students with the host family, and this is what determines the student’s placement.
Nacel’s coordinators select the host families and are available to answer questions and handle any student/host family concerns during the program. Our host families are interested in sharing the daily life with their guests from abroad. They offer students a great opportunity to immerse themselves in Spain and its culture.
Cost in 2020 : $3,260.00 CAD for 4 week program.
- Administration fees
- Host family accommodation with full board
- Airport pick-up and transfer to/from the host family (closest airport)
- Support, assistance and 24 hour emergency phone number during the whole program
Price does not include
- International airfare
- Travel insurance (luggage lost, flight delay etc.)
- Visa, passport and medical exam fees
- Airport transfers different from arrival and departure dates
- Domestic flights
- Extra activities organized by the family or others
- Extra language courses
- Personal expenses and pocket money
- Medical, Liability and Emergency Repatriation Insurance
The student is hosted on a full-board basis by the Spanish host family.
The new family member is expected to take part in the daily activities of his or her host family. Integration into the family is the ultimate goal of the homestay experience. However, host families are not required to organize activities, visits or excursions. The participant comes with his/her own spending money to cover the cost of activities.
Students interested in a summer immersion in Spain should have:
- A minimum of one to two years of Spanish language study
- An interest in learning about the Spanish culture
- A deep desire to integrate a different family and share actively their everyday life
- An enthusiasm for improving language communication skills
- A willingness to make new friends
- An open and flexible attitude