Nacel Canada HSP is very pleased to offer the opportunity for high achieving students to study at Our Lady of the Snows Catholic Academy, located in the town of Canmore, Alberta. The school was founded in 2001 and has close to 600 students attending kindergarten through to grade 12.
Students at Our Lady of the Snows experience the advantage of an exemplary Catholic environment, as academics and faith are priorities. Students are challenged to excel academically within a nurturing and caring faith filled environment. The staff consists of committed and dynamic teachers who provide a high standard of academic education, encouraging each student to fully realize their potential. As well, an active and supportive parental community is a vital aspect of nurturing students’ growth and faith development.
In addition to a full complement of academic courses, the school offers many extracurricular opportunities, including Glee Club, iMatter Peer Pals, Junior / Senior Worship Team, Debate Club, Jazz band, Student Leadership, and Social Justice.
Canmore is a town in Alberta’s Rocky Mountains, west of Calgary. It’s known for craggy summits like the Three Sisters and Ha Ling Peak. In nearby Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park, the Grassi Lakes Trail weaves past a waterfall to two turquoise blue lakes. The park also features cross-country ski and mountain-bike trails. East, Grotto Canyon’s steep limestone walls flank a narrow creek bed leading to a cave.
The world famous town of Banff is located 25 km. to the West within the boundaries of Banff National Park.
Nacel Canada HSP Inc. offers continuous support to participants. A local Coordinator will work with each individual student, including arranging their homestay and acting as their contact throughout the program.
- Students aged 15 – 17 at the time of arrival
- 2 or more years of English language study
- Experience living away from home, maturity and independence
- An interest in learning about another culture and language
- A willingness to share in the daily life of a host family
- An open and flexible attitude which will allow the student to adapt to the school and host family environments
What the Program Cost Includes
- Local supervision during whole program and local orientation
- School and Host Family placements in Full board
- Official documents to obtain visas
- Reimbursement of mandatory school fees for Core Subjects
- Medical, accident & liability insurance.
- Local assistance and 24 hour emergency support
- Applicants are responsible for flights to and from final destination