High School in Nova Scotia
Nacel Canada offers international students the opportunity to study at a Canadian High School while staying with a carefully selected host family. Host families provide full room and board and Nacel Canada’s local coordinator provides continuous support throughout the program.
Destinations in Nova Scotia
As the capital of Nova Scotia and the largest city in the Atlantic provinces, Halifax is the major centre of the Maritimes. With its steep streets, stunning harbour, and the famous Citadel overlooking the city, Halifax is world-renowned for its beauty and character. Visitors are treated to a city with a close connection to the sea, and Halifax thrives on its maritime history having one of the world’s largest natural harbours. Halifax is also a gateway to many of the other treasures that Nova Scotia has to offer.
High School Credit Programs in Nova Scotia
Nacel Canada HSP is pleased to offer opportunities to attend two prestigious private schools located in Nova Scotia. Students who successfully complete credit programs may apply their credits towards subsequent school grades or use them to apply for entrance to college or university.
Armbrae Academy, Halifax
Ambrae Academy, a private school founded in 1887, is located across the street from Dalhousie University. Ambrae Academy believes that sports enrich the student’s life. All through out the year different sports are introduced to all grade levels. Ambrae Academy has small class sizes, a great sense of community, an inclusive approach to sports, outstanding academic programs including drama and the arts, and year long courses (rather than semester based learning).
Newbridge Academy, Lower Sackville
As Newbridge Academy shares its location with the Sackville Sports Stadium, they are able to offer various sports training opportunities including a successful junior hockey program. The Newbridge Academy is a private school providing excellent academic programs, enriched programs, small class sizes, and daily physical activities.
Nacel Canada HSP Inc. offers continuous support to participants. A local Coordinator will work with each individual student, including arranging their homestay and acting as contact throughout the program.
- Students aged 15 – 17 at the time of arrival
- 2 or more years of English language study
- Experience living away from home, maturity and independence
- An interest in learning about another culture and language
- A willingness to share in the daily life of a host family
- An open and flexible attitude which will allow the student to adapt to the school and host family environments
What the Program Cost Includes
- Local supervision during whole program and local orientation
- School and Host Family placements in Full board
- Official documents to obtain visas
- Reimbursement of mandatory school fees for Core Subjects
- Medical, accident & liability insurance.
- Local assistance and 24 hour emergency support
- Applicants are responsible for flights to and from final destination