Programs dedicated to international understanding and language education
High School Programs in Canada
For an in-depth language and cultural immersion, spend your Fall Semester or full Academic year in Canada. Students live with a host family and attend the local high school, participating in the cultural life of the community. Living with a host family is the best way to learn firsthand about another culture. The language you’ve been learning will come alive as you make new friends, share their culture and discover new things about yourself and your world!
Host families provide full room and board and Nacel Canada’s local coordinator provides continuous support throughout the program.
High School Credit Programs
For students wanting to gain credits during their program, full international tuition rates will apply – so these programs have a somewhat higher cost. Students choosing the credit option can choose the school they wish to attend. Students who successfully complete credit programs may apply their credits towards subsequent school grades or use them to apply for entrance to college or university.
We are also pleased to offer opportunities to attend two prestigious private schools located in Nova Scotia. Students who successfully complete credit programs may apply their credits towards subsequent school grades or use them to apply for entrance to college or university.
High School Non Credit Programs
For those students wishing to come to Canada on a cultural exchange only and not requiring credits, we can offer a lower program cost. Students choosing this option are placed in schools by Nacel. Non-credit programs are only offered in Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
Nacel Canada HSP Inc. offers continuous support to participants. A local Coordinator will work with each individual student, including arranging their homestay and acting as contact throughout the program.
- Students aged 15 – 17 at the time of arrival
- 2 or more years of English language study
- Experience living away from home, maturity and independence
- An interest in learning about another culture and language
- A willingness to share in the daily life of a host family
- An open and flexible attitude which will allow the student to adapt to the school and host family environments
What the Program Cost Includes
- Local supervision during whole program and local orientation
- School and Host Family placements in Full board
- Official documents to obtain visas
- Reimbursement of mandatory school fees for Core Subjects
- Medical, accident & liability insurance.
- Local assistance and 24 hour emergency support
- Applicants are responsible for flights to and from final destination